Indian Foot Massage~IFM
Ancient Ayurvedic Foot Massage
Indian foot massage is an ancient Ayurvedic technique, which has been practiced in India for centuries. Indian foot massage focuses on the feet and lower leg. A copper bowl is used throughout the session. The bowl helps to balance the tridosha of Vita, Pitta and Kapha.
- Relaxes tired feet
- Improves circulation
- Enhances lower limb mobility
- Restores levels of Prana (energy)
- Promotes sound sleep
- Relieves eyestrain and headaches
- Supports detox trograms by encouraging further elimination of toxins
Treatment is done fully clothed (practitioner needs access up lower legs, pants must be above knee) and is done while laying on a massage table.
People who suffer from the following conditions or ailments CANNOT receive this treatment:
- Thrombosis (formation of blood clots)
- High temperatures or fever
- Infectious diseases or fungus
- Broken bones
- Athlete's foot
- Clients undergoing medical treatments for serious illnesses (radiation, chemo, etc.)
- Some diabetics (if you have diabetes, please check with your physician prior to booking)
Conditions that require CAUTION for receiving this treatment:
- Cuts or abrasions on the skin
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Bruising to any part of the lower limb
- Pregnancy (especially during the first four months)
- Diabetes (approval from doctor may be required)
- Strains or sprains
- Painful corns, gout, warts and in-grown toenails
- Clients who are on medication for severe health conditions
- Varicose veins
This treatment goes great in combination with the Indian head massage. Book your combo session now!
Indian foot massage is offered at our Saskatoon location by Lucinda Proulx.